Post-Campaign Survival, Revival and Ritual Resouces
"Every step towards liberation must have liberation in it" ~ Gandhian Practice
A Ritual of Pause, Letting Go, Gratitude and Hope
Join us for...
A litany read by the faith directors of the four campaigns, personal reflection and inspiration from different religious and spiritual traditions, song, silence, and lighting candles of hope and resistance.
- Thursday, November 8, 2012 - 10 a.m. PT / 11 a.m. MT / 12 noon CT / 1 p.m. ET
- A Ritual of Pause, Letting Go, Gratitude and Hope - Flyer (pdf)
- To Participate Online: Click here
- To Join the Audio Conference Only, Call: 650.479.3208 Access Code: 806 776 589
- A Ritual for lgbtqi Justice on Facebook
Each link below will open in a new tab or window.
- Surviving and Thriving in the Midst of Anti-Gay Politics (pdf)
An article that summarizes the problems associated with anti-LGBT campaigns and what we can do to survive them.
- The Dangers of a Same-Sex Marriage Referendum for Community and Individual Well-Being: A Summary of Research Findings (pdf)
An article outlining the dangers of the campaigns and elections. This has been useful in describing to politicians why these campaigns are not mere "exercises in democracy."
- Staying Strong as Individuals and Communities: Surviving Anti-LGBTQ Politics (pdf)
A one-page handout on the stresses associated with the campaigns/elections and the sources of help - all by way of summary from the research to date.
- Groundswell - Love Free or Die
A groundswell of people is emerging from the shadows of silence to stand for the full dignity and equality of all – no matter who they are or who they love.
- The Friends & Family Plan
Having a conversation with someone who is conflicted about supporting LGBT equality because of their Christian convictions is difficult. We want to support you.
- Love Free or Die
Love Free or Die is about a man whose two defining passions are in direct conflict: his love for God and for his partner Mark. Gene Robinson is the first openly gay person to become a bishop in the historic traditions of Christendom.
- Love Free or Die on PBS Independent Lens
Episcopal Bishop Gene Robinson is a man of God, driven and defined by his faith, who is also devoted to his husband Mark. His consecration, the first of an openly gay man in any Christian denomination, has deeply divided the church and put Robinson’s very life in danger.
- Don’t Touch that Dial! It’s a Round-Up of LGBT Jewish Election News
Here is a round-up of articles and resources on LGBT Jewish issues and political players.
- Affirm United/S'affirmer Ensemble
- ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal
- Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists (AWAB)
- Auburn Seminary
- Believe Out Loud
- Brethren Mennonite Council for LGBT Interests (BMC)
- California Faith for Equality
- Catholics for Marriage Equality
- Congregation Beth Chayim Chadashim
- Covenant Network of Presbyterians
- Dignity USA
- Hebrew Union College - Institute for Judaism, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- HRC Religion and Faith Program
- Integrity USA
- Metropolitan Community Church
- More Light Presbyterians
- New Ways Ministry
- Reconciling Ministries Network
- Reconciling Works: Lutherans for Full Participation
- Religious Coalition Against Discrimination (RCAD) in Maine
- The Religious Institute
- Room for All (Reformed Church in America)
- The Fellowhip of Affirming Ministries (TFAM)
- United Church of Christ Coalition for LGBT Concerns
- United Church of Christ National Offices
- Unity Fellowship Church Movement
- WATER: The Women's Alliance for Theology, Ethics and Ritual
- Welcoming Community Network (WCN)